Wapuus are the official mascots of WordCamps across the world since 2011. Wapuus have been used by communities to showcase the event theme and local culture to the attendees. We need your help in designing the mascot for WC Nagpur.
Wapuu Comes to Nagpur
Wapuu has become an important part of the WordCamp experience and somewhat a collector item. This your chance to contribute to one of the cutest aspects of WordCamp Nagpur and win an amazing reward pack!
Some History Behind Wapuu
Wapuu has been used by local communities as a showcase of the local culture and the inspirations behind the WordCamp they are organizing. Kazuko Kaneuchi originally created the first Wapuu in 2011 for WordPress Japan and ever since Wapuu has been used by WordCamps across the world. Just like WordPress, Wapuu is an open-source character letting anyone who wants to remix and high-resolution it the way they want. You can read more about Wapuu’s history, check out this detailed post.
Where will we be using Wapuu
We need your ideas on how to we can creatively use your design. Want to create a life-size Wapuu? Or want to make a Wapuu booth? Go Ahead – send us a mockup! We are also working to finalize on which merchandise are we going print Wapuu on.
These may include:
- Laptop Stickers
Wapuu design guidelines aren’t very strict but eyes, nose, and mouth that are distinctive areas in Wapuus. Please ensure your design follows these general design guidelines.
What are we looking for in the design of Nagpur’s Wapuu:
- Needs to showcase Nagpur’s culture (duh!)
- Oranges are not the only thing Nagpur is known for! Come on don’t just make the Wapuu holding an orange!
- Need to be both print and screen friendly
- Read our inspiration blog post (to be added soon) to derive more ideas soon.
Need Inspirations? Checkout
Design Resources and original design can be found here: https://jawordpressorg.github.io/wapuu/faq_en.html
- Follow general Wapuu design guidelines. Share your Wapuu in our facebook group and/or tweet it out to us on Twitter with #WCNagpur
- The contest is not restricted to Nagpur residents.
- The last date of entry is
20 May 20174 June 2017 (extended)
- Winner entry will be notified by Email.
- Winner would be required to share original source AI/PSD/CDR files of the design (and along you might be required to tweak the design if needed for our print needs)
- The design(s) will be published under GNU General Public License v2 or later. It’s same as WordPress software.
- Please do not use any copyrighted content in your design(s)