WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. Easiest and powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today, developed and maintained by Community.
In this workshop, Paras will walk you through the basics of getting your site live quickly with no coding skills. You will learn how to update and maintain it using WordPress Dashboard.
Takeaway from this Workshop
- Learn differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org (Self-hosted version)
- Learn how to set up self-hosted version of WordPress on the server.
- Create and update content (pages, blog post, photos etc) in WordPress Dashboard
- Discover different Themes, What they are, where to get them, how to customise them.
- Extend the functionalities with plugins.
- Master the Widgets, Menus and Settings.
Prereqs & Preparation
- This workshop will take you from beginner level to the intermediate level with WordPress.
- Designed to be helpful to those who have never seen WordPress before or those who have been using WordPress but without a formal understanding of the structure behind it.
- Some basic knowledge of navigating websites is the only requirement.
- Bring a laptop to jumpstart your WordPress journey.
About Paras Wadher
Paras works as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Electronics and Computer Science in Rashtrsant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University Campus. Paras is a techie and OpenSource lover. He likes to play with Electronics. Electronics, Arduino, Linux, Php, Java, Mobile Computing are some words which interest him. Part of WordPress Nagpur Community since early days. He blogs at paraswadher.com
We have only 40 Seats in workshop rooms, RSVP here